Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Check out This Leg Workout!

On yesterday, I had the most amazing leg workout ever.  I increased my weight on all my exercises...I had to change it up!  To start off, I started with leg curls at 115 lbs. up from 95 lbs. and then on to my favorite machine...the squat rack, where I increased my weight by 30 lbs., with 3 sets of squats at 140 lbs. for 10 reps each.  Now, mind you, I'm a 5 1/2 foot woman at 118 lbs. and the dudes in the gym were looking at me like I was crazy. But more so when I walked away from the rack, they could see how all of my hard work was paying off big time, if you know what I mean.  :-)   Last but not least was the leg press...weight increased from 230 lbs. to pressing 270 lbs. with 3 sets of 10 reps.  I have to tell you, it felt great!  I set a goal and I achieved my goal, which is most important when you are trying to reach your ultimate level of fitness.  My ultimate fitness goal is to have an amazing healthy body. (I'll be posting pics soon, so you can see the results of my hard work).


Now today; part II of my leg workout will consist of working my hamstrings and calves, I'll be increasing my weight today as well, I know by this weekend I'll be walking a little bit slower...but, it's well worth the pain.


Live Fit Live Strong!!

1 comment: