Monday, June 4, 2012

Cubicle Fitness Tips to Keep You in Shape


Just as ergonomic experts recommend that office workers take their eyes off their computer screen every hour or so, fitness experts are advocating getting up from your chair and taking a brisk walk up and down the stairs. 

When you feel the need to take a break, offer to pick up supplies for your colleagues, take the mail downstairs instead of waiting for the trolley, or think of something you could put in your car instead of waiting until 5 pm.  That way, you force yourself to get up from your seat and walk for a few minutes.

If you look into the private offices of some people, you’ll see dumb bells, mats and elastic bands – these are clues that they are doing some exercise while on the job – a good and healthy practice to adopt by busy individuals with hectic schedules.  Also, never, ever eat lunch at your desk!  Make a point of getting up and going out to eat, or take about 20 minutes to eat your lunch and then go for a walk outside, or take a stroll in the mall, or better yet head to the gym for an intense 30 minute workout…that’s all you need.

I decided a long time ago, that I would never skip lunch time sitting in the office all day long at my desk getting out of shape! If you catch me eating at my desk; and you will.  Trust me; I’m simply getting my meals in for the day.  Because when lunch time rolls around, I’m out of there; I head to the gym everyday no matter what or who!

Sitting in your cubicle or at your desk all day every day will surely make you pack on the pounds.  So get up and try something new and different.
  
Live Fit Live Strong!!



No comments:

Post a Comment