Thursday, May 3, 2012

For a Lean and Tone Body....Plyometrics?

I was in the gym the other day and was approached by another trainer that helps women prepare for Fitness, Figure and Physique competitions (IFBB).  I'm a former fitness competitor who competed years ago when the requirements were much different than what they are today for women.  Years ago, you had to be big and very muscular!  However, at some point it started to get a little out of hand, especially in the women's division.  I personally, was not willing to do what it would take to get me to that size to compete against the women who were packing on the muscle like there was no tomorrow.  I'm a small petite woman, muscular with great symmetry, shape and size for my height of 5'2 at 118 lbs.  Now, it seems that I would fit right into the Figure or Physique division; however, I've been told that I may need to lose just a little bit of my muscle; be just a little leaner... really??


I also learned that a lot of the women are hardly touching the weights; they are getting lean and tone by doing mostly Cardio and Plyometrics; at least those that are competing in the fitness and figure division (picture to the right).  In reading a little more about Plyometrics, I can see where this could be possible and if I do decide to step on stage again, I'm willing to do what it takes!  

Check out the pictures I've posted in this article; the then look (picture to the left); the look I could never and will never achieve; and the now look (picture to the right).  

What do you think?  Which look would you choose?  Just saying......

Live Fit Live Strong!!



No comments:

Post a Comment