Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Most Effective Ab Exercise is.....the Bicycle!


Each morning when I awake, I get on the floor to do my daily 300 ab exercises before I do anything else.  The one I find most effective is the Bicycle.  Yes, I do other exercises as well, however, this is the one that I really feel is the most effective...for me.  Along with doing my regular 100-crunches, 4-sets of planks at 50 seconds each, 100-lying leg raises and saving the best for last, my 100-bicycles.  So  make a point of getting up an extra 15 minutes early and work those abs!  Summer is on the way!

  1. Lie face up on your mat and place your hands behind your head, lightly supporting it with your fingers.
  2. Bring the knees in to the chest and lift the shoulder blades off the floor without pulling on the neck.
  3. Rotate to the left, bringing the right elbow towards the left knee as you straighten the other leg.
  4. Switch sides, bringing the left elbow towards the right knee.
  5. Continue alternating sides in a 'pedaling' motion for 1-3 sets of 12-16 reps.
Live Fit Live Strong!!

No comments:

Post a Comment