Saturday, August 18, 2012

Is Cardio A Waste of Time?

I have been away from blogging for a few weeks with traveling and am now finally just getting back into the groove of things.  I've been in New Orleans on business and totally was thrown out of my routine, especially with my diet.  I actually put on 5 pounds!  Well now, its back to the grind!  I focused on something that would keep me motivated and I stuck to it.  At times you have to focus on something to keep yourself motivated not only physically, but visually and mentally as well.  My motivation was watching the Olympics, specifically the women's track and field USA team.  Need I say more?  These women are amazing!

So, for the last week I've been hitting the Step Mill everyday for about 20 minutes a day, really seeing very little results.  I'm not saying that this doesn't work for everyone, but I'm shooting a fitness video next weekend and I needed to get back to my leaner physique ASAP!  I started re-thinking this thing...Val, go back to what you know works and what you know works faster...HIIT training.  Yes, High Intensity Interval Training is definitely the way to go to burn more fat, calories and get lean real quick.  Once I switched up and resumed my clean eating, which included drinking my Body by VI Shake with fresh fruit (www.90days2slim.com) in the morning and eating 4 balanced meals throughout the rest of the day, I was back on track and down 3 1/2 pounds in 4 days!

This is what I'm saying, if your constantly running on the treadmill, or working it out on the elliptical or step mill, and seeing very minimal results; change it up and take on the challenge of HIIT training.  It works!

Live Fit Live Strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment